KEPT FOR LIFE, operating as Kept (“we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- WHO WE ARE
Here are the details that the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you as a ‘data controller’:
- Our Site address is www.keptforlife.com
- Our company name is Kept for Life
- Our registered address is Yew Tree Walk, Purley, CR8 1HB
- WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including without limitation, if you apply to become a Member, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your password and log-in details; details of any transactions made by you through the Site; communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to access certain aspects of our services or resources.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to provide you with services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your Membership with Us;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the accessing of resources from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics;
- send you information or resources We think you may find useful or which you have requested from Us.
When you visit the Platform, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by Our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
- remember that you have used the Site before (this means We can identify the number of unique visitors We receive and allows Us to make sure that We have enough capacity for the number of users We get);
- recognising when a visitor to the Site is a Member;
- allow you to navigate the Site more quickly and easily;
- store your preferences;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you; and
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site.
All cookies used on the Site are set by Us.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- recognising when a user of the Site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the Platform and make sure We have enough capacity for the number of users that We get;
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow Us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of Our services and access of Our resources. Functionality
- customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site. Performance and measurement
- collecting statistical information about how Our users use the Site so that We can improve the Site and learn which parts are most popular to users.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
All information collected and supplied to us will be treated as confidential. Nevertheless, electronic transmissions are never completely private or secure and there is a risk, therefore, that any electronic communications sent may be intercepted and potentially read by others. We recommend that you undertake suitable protective measures to prevent potential interception of your personal details.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information that you supply to us via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom . .
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent any unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.